Learn all the details about StatTrak skins in CS:GO! This article will help you to study out all aspects of weapon with a kill counter.
What is StatTrak in CS:GO?
StatTrak™ is a special technology adding a kill counter to CS:GO weapons. Such weapon has a special LED panel showing the exact number of killed rivals (knives show the number of kills by numbers scratched on them).
The number of kills in the counter is restocked only by killing real players. The counter is not restocked by killing bots.
How to get StatTrak in CS:GO?
There are several ways to get StatTrak skins:
- Open CS:GO cases and hope for a drop of a skin with a counter;
- Buy the necessary StatTrak weapon at the Steam;
- Open a StatTrak case on Cases4Real and get a random skin with a counter.
What if the StatTrak counter is full?
The maximum number of a StatTrak counter is 999999. After it is full the following happens:
- The counter will zero out and start to gain statistics again;
- The kill counter seen at the bullets will show 999999;
- The kill counter in the inventory section will proceed counting, i.e. it will cross one million.
How to zero out the StatTrak counter?
To zero out the kill counter you need to put up a skin for sale at the Steam trading platform and then immediately cancel it.
It is better to charge a high price so that other players couldn’t buy your weapon.
StatTrak™ Swap Tool
March 31 of 2015 Valve updated the game and added a StatTrak skins exchange in exchange contracts.
At the time the StatTrak™ exchange was added that allows to transfer the counter value from one StatTrak™ weapon to another. However the StatTrak™ exchange works only with identical skins.
How to drive up the StatTrak counter?
You can drive up StatTrak counter by playing on special public servers of CS:GO communities. It is absolutely safe and is not treated as cheating.
On such servers you simply choose a weapon with the StatTrak™ technology and fill the counter by killing players.